Dieser Artikel enthält Informationen über Fan-Material zu Lost.
|Dieser Artikel muss übersetzt werden|
Der folgende Artikel/Abschnitt enthält Informationen, die bislang nur auf englisch verfügbar sind
Book description[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Lost is NOT just a television show. It has become larger than that-a massive story filled with mystery that has garnered over twenty million participants. Some might call them viewers, but one does not just watch Lost, one participates in it. It demands that you dialogue with the story, seeking theories and comparing yourself to characters. Lost breaks all the formulas for television, and in doing so has drawn together millions of people on a shared journey that explores life, faith, history, science, philosophy, hope, and the basic questions of what it means to be human. It is the seemingly infinite ideas, philosophies, and biblical metaphors that make this story so engaging. The focus on faith and truth is never more clearly explained than in the words of John Locke as he questions Jack Shepherd asking "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" Jack responds quickly "Why do you find it so easy?" But Locke declares "It's never been easy." This tension between Faith and Reason drives every episode and story line. Locke summed this up as he explained to Jack "That's why you and I don't see eye‐to‐eye sometimes, because you're a man of science…Me, well, I'm a man of faith."
Chapter Topics[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Faith and Reason - The war within?
- Guilt -The single common denominator that binds everyone on the island
- Fate - Do we choose our path, or does fate happen to us?
- Quantum Spirituality - What if everything and everyone is connected?
- Dharma - Is there any truth to be found in Institutional Religion?
- Island Life - If we are made for the garden is it the consumer world that is killing us?
- Salvation - Will it ever come, and will we recognize it when it does?